5 Quarters Investor Relations, Inc. (“5Q”) is a dynamic, growing, and well-respected boutique IR consulting firm that is disrupting the traditional investor relations consulting model. Our clients come from a variety of industries, including Oil and Gas, Life Sciences, Technology, Energy Services, Industrials, Private Equity and Financial Services.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Analyst is responsible for supporting and strengthening the 5Q team in their work with current and prospective clients by integrating knowledge of finance, communications, marketing and client service to enable the most effective two-way communication between a company, the financial community and stakeholders.
- Draft investor focussed material, which includes, but may not be limited to: press releases, website content, corporate presentations, disclosure documents, letters to shareholders, fact sheets, etc.
- Monitor industry trends to recommend messaging or visual enhancements to client’s materials
- Co-ordination and communication with newswire providers and issuer clients to disseminate press releases and direct SEDAR filings, ensuring proper sign off and documented controls
- Manage and execute cyclical tasks, such as periodic summaries of client IR activities, document reviews, quarterly back-up worksheets, updating spreadsheets and databases, etc.
- Proofread documents for spelling, grammar, content accuracy and readability, as well as confirming all values, financials and calculations were entered and are conveyed correctly
- Generate and update investor focussed content for client websites, ensuring proper sign off and documented controls
- As directed, interact with members of the investment community, such as analysts, portfolio managers, investment bankers, retail brokers and the financial media to build relationships and facilitate the flow of information between clients and ‘the street’
- Interface and build relationships with external service provider partners, such as print companies, web/graphic design firms, photographers, etc.
- Provide organizational, contract, logistical and administrative support for conference calls, and as necessary, draft conference call scripts
- Provide logistical, administrative and strategic support for various IR initiatives for clients andassist with project management of these initiatives
- Suggest process improvements to enhance work flow, identify potential cost saving opportunities, and proactively identify tasks that could add value to 5Q or its clients
- Co-ordinate investor conferences and investor roadshows, as needed
- Provide support for the Managing Director, team members and clients as needed
- Other duties as may be required
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, communications, or a related field
- Related experience in the fields of finance, accounting, communications, corporate planning, business development or capital markets considered an asset
- Exceptional reading comprehension, writing, editing and proof-reading acumen
- Careful attention to detail, high quality standards and ability to self-review
- Demonstrated initiative and self-starter with excellent time management skills and ability to effectively triage competing demands in a fast-paced environment with fluid work hours as
needed to meet tight deadlines
- General knowledge and understanding of the capital markets, as well as an understanding of key financial performance metrics for companies in various industries (e.g. energy, technology, health sciences)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a team-focussed attitude and enthusiasm, and belief in the value of client service
- Ability to confidently interact with all levels of client management teams and external investment professionals
- On occasion, must be able to perform in a high-pressure environment, and be able to meet tight and sometimes unconventional deadlines
- On occasion, must be willing to work outside of normal business hours as needed to execute on client needs or deliverables
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience using graphic design software or website CMS’s considered an asset
What We Offer:
- A downtown office space located close to transit
- An attractive compensation package (salary + performance incentives)
- Great benefits and perks
- Exposure to diverse work opportunities for clients across several industries
- Support for educational opportunities that advance relevant skill set
- A work environment that rewards performance
- An awesome team!
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Analyst Job Application”.
We thank you for your interest in 5Q; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.